What is ICSI?
- ICSI sperm injection is an acronym for
- Say “inject sperm into the egg,” a nice way of IVF ICSI 3. A very effective way to fertilize the egg in the laboratory after they have been aspirated from a girl
- Its main use is important for cases of male infertility
- IVF with ICSI special micromanipulation tools and equipment and the embryologists select inverted microscopes and a specially designed needle ICSI sperm able to use different features.
- The outer shell of the egg and the needle carefully advanced through the membrane of the egg – the egg and sperm of the inner part (cytoplasm) is injected into.
- It is usually about 75-85% of eggs with sperm injection fertilization results in general.
- However, the first woman to be induced with drugs and in vitro fertilization and ICSI, an egg retrieval process so we can get multiple eggs.
ICSI is used for general performance reasons
Severe male factor infertility that do not want donor sperm insemination.
Couples with infertility with:
15-20 million sperm per milliliter less than concentrations
Low sperm motility – at least 35% especially reduced sperm morphology (subjective – specific discontinue value is doubtful)
Or reduce the rate of fertilization (low percentage of mature eggs that were fertilized normally) – with no fertilization IVF Having last.
Sometimes it’s a couple of eggs at the egg retrieval is used to produce a low. In this scenario, ICSI, egg (egg and sperm mix together), compared with the traditional conception to try to get a higher percentage of fertilized eggs used to be.
How is ICSI Performed?
Mature egg is held with a specialized holding pipette.
A very delicate, stable and fast and hollow needle is used to take a single sperm.
The needle is then carefully center of the egg (cytoplasm) of the Northern Territory (the egg shell) is inserted into and through.
Sperm is injected into the cytoplasm and the needle is removed.
The next morning the usual eggs are checked for evidence of fertilization.